Pumpkin season has arrived!! These pumpkin muffins are moist, fluffy, and so quick to make! This is based on my Mom’s pumpkin muffin recipe that she used to make for us, a little healthier, but just as tasty!
When I was a kid, it was my Grandma that did most of the notable baking that the whole family looked forward to; scones, apple pie, cheesecake, all those great classics. My Mom has a sweet tooth, and loves fresh baking, but wasn’t a consistent baker when I was younger. So when she did bake, it was memorable, and appreciated. She had a couple of staple recipes that she would make for us that would make a large enough amount to keep the whole family happy until she decided to bake again. These pumpkin muffins were one of those few recipes that she would make consistently, and they were always one of my favourites.
Mom's pumpkin muffins, but just a little bit healthier...
Family sized recipe
These pumpkin muffins are deliciously moist, fluffy, and very easy to whip up, even on a weeknight!
As I mentioned, this pumpkin muffin recipe makes quite a bit. I can usually make two dozen muffins and throw the remaining batter into a loaf pan. I usually freeze the loaf for later.
These are a fall favourite in our house. Leave out the nuts, and they are perfect to tuck into lunches (for both adults and children).
Please let me know if you try baking these
Leave a comment below and let me know how they worked out for you.
Mom's Pumpkin Muffins
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin purée (14 oz)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Sift together dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl, set aside
- Add eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin to large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth
- Fold in chips and nuts, if using
- Fill muffin tins to ~ 2/3 full
- Bake for ~15min, until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes